Make a Missile Note!

The purpose of the Missile Notes blog is to inspire productivity in the form of creative writing by showcasing motivated textual developers on a day to day basis. Please feel free to read the day's prompt (the first post of every day), write for ten minutes about your interpretation of the prompt, and e-mail me your free write if you would like to share it with the other visitors of Missile Notes. Hopefully, this site will provide an encouraging atmosphere in which writers of every level of experience and stature can stimulate their minds daily. For more detailed information about Missile Notes, view this blog entry! E-mail me at missilenotes@gmail.com to submit a free write!

Friday, July 30, 2010

"Battle of the Bands" by Anonymous

"Plucked the slap bass right out of the air and swung it hard, hardlined that joker across the jaw with a two-four in the key of D minor! Recovered with a pipe organ facesplitter he did, throwin' sixteenth notes times five straight through my grand staff. Managed to pop down and use two to strike a harmony, but the rest cut me knee deep and I had to let out a little vox. He didn't like that one bit - no he didn't - he came back around again with Toccata in D Minor to match my slap D and he hit me free from where his double time had pinned me down (note that my tail coat still had room to sing). I slinked back up all legato and turned to staccato bash his mad pipes with some taps, and I succeed to please. Bellows turned to fire as he flipped up an accordion next, and we stepped it up to allegreto before long. A nice clean E major triad flew from his right hand and I ducked with a fretless melancholic riff. They fused to craft some kinda symphony, and I threw that slap bass right back to where it floated last. Caressed a synth and pulled the plug."

No comments:

Post a Comment