Make a Missile Note!

The purpose of the Missile Notes blog is to inspire productivity in the form of creative writing by showcasing motivated textual developers on a day to day basis. Please feel free to read the day's prompt (the first post of every day), write for ten minutes about your interpretation of the prompt, and e-mail me your free write if you would like to share it with the other visitors of Missile Notes. Hopefully, this site will provide an encouraging atmosphere in which writers of every level of experience and stature can stimulate their minds daily. For more detailed information about Missile Notes, view this blog entry! E-mail me at missilenotes@gmail.com to submit a free write!

Friday, July 9, 2010

"The Leaky Faucet" by Matt Rudie

Sitting here in this house
No one here but me
I’m isolated from all sounds
All sounds but some water being slowly set free

Back into my thoughts I wonder about some leftovers and if I should toss it
First things first I need to deal with that leaky faucet

Armed with a wrench my loosest jeans and some tools
Time to show this leaky faucet my definition of house rules
One twist to the right and did I hear a great squeak
A burst of dark water bursts out caressing my cheek

Water begins to billow, to rage, to pour
I have never felt this close to my faucet before
I grip the pipe with my newfound passion
Im so positively charged you could call me a cation

The bathrooms is like a scene from the perfect storm
Until this faucet creates a huge wave that takes suck massive form
I look into the eye of the great faucet storm happy not gloomy
I’ll be your Mark Walberg faucet if you’ll be my George Clooney

Next morning I wake up in my bed with wet sheets and smoke
What happened last night could not have been a joke
It couldn't’ have gone I feel it just came into my life
Something so special, so leaky could have made a great wave

I look all around the house in the bedroom, my drawers the closet
I listen again and hear no dripping, no noise, no leaky faucet faucet

No comments:

Post a Comment