Make a Missile Note!

The purpose of the Missile Notes blog is to inspire productivity in the form of creative writing by showcasing motivated textual developers on a day to day basis. Please feel free to read the day's prompt (the first post of every day), write for ten minutes about your interpretation of the prompt, and e-mail me your free write if you would like to share it with the other visitors of Missile Notes. Hopefully, this site will provide an encouraging atmosphere in which writers of every level of experience and stature can stimulate their minds daily. For more detailed information about Missile Notes, view this blog entry! E-mail me at missilenotes@gmail.com to submit a free write!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Moonlight Sonata" by Will Lewis

And I slapped him across the face.

"What the fuck!?"

The moon was stunned. How dare anyone palm his craters in such a vigorous, unforeseen fashion. It was unforgivable.

"You did NOT just fucking do that. I'ma bring on some apocalypse if you don't goddamn apologize RIGHT now."

I stood there and stared that gasping hunk of stone right in his old tired eyes (which were a surprising amount of 'lit up,' I should say). He needed to know who was the fucking boss around here and I was going to show that sucker what was what. He was quivering with an intense aura about him, shitting his nonexistent moon shorts for all I cared. "Y'know what?" I thought. And then I slapped that fucker again.

"Goddamn!" The moon roared. "What the FUCK makes YOU think that YOU can slap ME - the MOON!"

I turned around and started walking away.

"Get 'cho ass back here!" He yelled into the back of a perfectly postured young genius. "I'm not through with you yet! Get back here or there'll be hell to pay!"

I knew he wasn't going to do anything. Apocalypse? Yeah right. He wouldn't even be able to work up the gravity to provide a romantic backdrop for me and my honey. Pfff, what a moon we have.

"I'm serious! Deeeeead serious! You can't do this to me! I'm da moon!"

As he said 'moon,' his voice cracked and trailed off into a sob. Bitch.

1 comment: