Make a Missile Note!

The purpose of the Missile Notes blog is to inspire productivity in the form of creative writing by showcasing motivated textual developers on a day to day basis. Please feel free to read the day's prompt (the first post of every day), write for ten minutes about your interpretation of the prompt, and e-mail me your free write if you would like to share it with the other visitors of Missile Notes. Hopefully, this site will provide an encouraging atmosphere in which writers of every level of experience and stature can stimulate their minds daily. For more detailed information about Missile Notes, view this blog entry! E-mail me at missilenotes@gmail.com to submit a free write!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Untitled" by Will Lewis

Nobody knew when it would hit. It was just... hanging.

The Craft Crew noticed an unidentified flying object this morning off the coast to the north. Except it wasn't necessarily flying; it was more of an unidentified floating object (still a UFO, I suppose). We felt we had definitely identified it as some sort of projectile, though, but from where it came nobody knew. It seemed as if this potential bomb was just waiting for a trigger, hanging in the air about ten kilometers from the surface of the earth.

Janie would look up and ask me whether or not I, in my expertise and constant contact with the recent extraterrestrial uprising, had any idea as to what it was at least, and I could just tell her that it looked like some sort of shell. It hung over our heads for days as we became more and more nerve wracked - the council and I thought that we should do something, but we didn't know what to do. I've been joking for the past few days about how it's just going to be considered a landmark someday. Just some floating, friendly dud that wants to be the only thing on earth to float above ground without the use of magnetism or any sort of technology, as our more peripheral, general testing has proven. It even looks like its of human design, so it may just be a shard of ingenuity from those above the council and I, but we have no access to anything they're concerned with.

I'm just going to take it as a reminder of why I'm here and what I do. My father would always say that "vigilance rhymes with virtue in some languages," and I guess it's the best approach to something like this. Whatever this supposed threat contains, w

No comments:

Post a Comment