Make a Missile Note!

The purpose of the Missile Notes blog is to inspire productivity in the form of creative writing by showcasing motivated textual developers on a day to day basis. Please feel free to read the day's prompt (the first post of every day), write for ten minutes about your interpretation of the prompt, and e-mail me your free write if you would like to share it with the other visitors of Missile Notes. Hopefully, this site will provide an encouraging atmosphere in which writers of every level of experience and stature can stimulate their minds daily. For more detailed information about Missile Notes, view this blog entry! E-mail me at missilenotes@gmail.com to submit a free write!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Love Is War" By Matt Rudie

Classified beyond all reason
Kept hidden all year, all four seasons
Until it was time to send out the truth
A bottle is the messenger, no phone no booth
The empty wine, that tonight has drowned my sorrow
Will be used as a weapon you will face tomorrow
Its important that the message stays confidential
For leaked to the wrong ears could be quite consequential
The briefing from you to me made quite clear so long ago
This vendetta of mine in this message will forever flow
I’m no war hero like William Wallace with the gift of a thistle
I’m a coward who must send my message hidden in both a bottle and missile
The sidewinder will find its goal
To this I have no concern
My reconnaissance team knows your heart and sole
I pray to God for a direct hit, crash and burn
Locked on now no turning back
This empty bottle of wine and missile, my own weapon rack
I press the red button it’s sent and thats a fact
Hold onto your heart prepare for impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment