Make a Missile Note!

The purpose of the Missile Notes blog is to inspire productivity in the form of creative writing by showcasing motivated textual developers on a day to day basis. Please feel free to read the day's prompt (the first post of every day), write for ten minutes about your interpretation of the prompt, and e-mail me your free write if you would like to share it with the other visitors of Missile Notes. Hopefully, this site will provide an encouraging atmosphere in which writers of every level of experience and stature can stimulate their minds daily. For more detailed information about Missile Notes, view this blog entry! E-mail me at missilenotes@gmail.com to submit a free write!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Untitled" by DJ Maltron

"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven." (Matthew 18:21-22)

I'm pretty upset that the first thing I thought of when reading today's prompt was this specific passage. Curse you indoctrination! I remember when I first heard this verse, I took Jesus quite literally and decided I only needed to forgive people seventy times seven (four hundred ninety) times. Now that I think about it, I'm sure that quota has been met, so I doubt I'll forgive anyone anymore. Jesus told me to stop.

I don't know what it is about that Bible and the number seven. Seven days of creation, seven seals are opened to destroy the world, etc. Many believe the number seven is somehow divine because of its overabundance. I sure as hell don't. Attributing divinity to a numerical values is a slippery slope to absolute stupidity.

Have you noticed how much people love the number seven? If you ask somebody to think of a number between one and ten, they will statistically think of seven. There are seven days in the week. Dumbasses will tell you that Final Fantasy 7 is the best in the series.

God, could we possibly suck seven's dick any more?

Fuck seven.

I'm skipping it from here on out.

Six goes straight to eight.

Take that seven.

I hope you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment